Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Sukhothai to Chiang Mai bus

• Garm

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2010

Hi,

It's hard to find any current bus timetables online for the Sukhothai to Chiang Mai route.

Could anybody help me with this? We're hoping to travel on the early bus on the 10th of June.

Also, how long does it take?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 15:11

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Sukhothai to chiand mai is about 6 hours by bus. I've never managed to find good timetables on the internet and why should you cause you don't need them. just go to the bus station when you are there and ask for a ticket. everything just goes with the flow.

What I do now is that a train is passing by near Sukhothai at night so if you're thingking about catching the train at 1 am and arriving 7 am in chiang mai I presume it's possible though.

#2 Posted: 2/6/2010 - 16:03

• Garm

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2010

Thanks for the reply svendj. Cheers!

#3 Posted: 4/6/2010 - 22:36

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I have the bus schedule from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai from a few months back. First bus 7am then about every 60 or 90 minutes throughout the day until about 5pm. You could anticipate a similar schedule going the other direction. Cheap too, about 240 baht one way.

#4 Posted: 5/6/2010 - 16:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
NYE in Chiang Mai or Sukhothai? ... By vinygo on 8 Nov 2010 2 1651 12 Nov 2010