Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Sukhothai to Chiang Mai bus

Posted by Garm on 2/6/2010 at 15:11

Hi,

It's hard to find any current bus timetables online for the Sukhothai to Chiang Mai route.

Could anybody help me with this? We're hoping to travel on the early bus on the 10th of June.

Also, how long does it take?

Thanks!

#1 Garm has been a member since 18/5/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by svendj on 2/6/2010 at 16:03

Sukhothai to chiand mai is about 6 hours by bus. I've never managed to find good timetables on the internet and why should you cause you don't need them. just go to the bus station when you are there and ask for a ticket. everything just goes with the flow.

What I do now is that a train is passing by near Sukhothai at night so if you're thingking about catching the train at 1 am and arriving 7 am in chiang mai I presume it's possible though.

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by Garm on 4/6/2010 at 22:36

Thanks for the reply svendj. Cheers!

#3 Garm has been a member since 18/5/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/6/2010 at 16:13

I have the bus schedule from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai from a few months back. First bus 7am then about every 60 or 90 minutes throughout the day until about 5pm. You could anticipate a similar schedule going the other direction. Cheap too, about 240 baht one way.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.