Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

do we need to book accomodation before

• susanlangst-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2006

Hi

We really need your help! Going to thailand from 19th of Dec to 4th of Jan- flying into Bangkok- do we need to book all of our accomodation before?
    We are looking for cheap places but not too nasty- where do you recommend in Bangkok?

Also where do recommend we be for new year- into parties but not massive trance parties or raves?

Also where should we go in our time?
    Please help

#1 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 21:44

• Advertisement

• neeners

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2006
    Total reviews: 4

It's in the peak season, so it's recommended to book ahead to ensure that you get a room in the hostel/guesthouse of your choice.

I personally like Shambara Guesthouse off Khao San Road. The only thing I didn't like about the location is that it's nowhere near any BTS station. But the guesthouse itself is pretty well maintained and its location in the Khao San Road area is great.

#2 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 22:40

• susanlangst-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2006

Hi

Where is the best place to be over New Year- not a big rave party but where there is a good party?

#3 Posted: 2/11/2006 - 14:58

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Susan,

There's numerous parties in Bangkok over New Years, obviously they'll be a huge one on Ko Pha Ngan, but I'd expect to see big parties on most of the more popular islands -- Samui, Tao, Phi Phi, Phuket... Many of the islands will have more than one...

In the north it tends to be more sedate -- depends where you are and what you're interested in --

#4 Posted: 2/11/2006 - 15:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
HELP!!! Accomodation at Christmas...pre book or book when we get there??? ... By Danyelle on 19 Nov 2010 7 1873 21 Nov 2010
How far in advance should I book accomodation? ... By danudy on 15 Feb 2009 4 3640 16 Feb 2009
USING MAESTRO TO BOOK ACCOMODATION ... By nikpiff on 5 Dec 2007 2 1620 8 Dec 2007