Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

POIPET to NONG KHAI

Posted by steffanmathias on 7/6/2010 at 20:44

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you know if there is an "easy" route from Poipet to Nong Khai?

I was wondering I was thinking of going Bangkok - Siem Reap , then from Siem Reap to Poipet, and then from Poipet to Nong Khai, to cross into Laos, thus avoiding going back to Bangkok.

Any advice would be appreciated! x

#1 steffanmathias has been a member since 10/7/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by Tilapia on 7/6/2010 at 21:56

There are a number of ways for you to do this. No need to go back to Bangkok. Here are a few possibilities ...

Get a bus from Aranyaphratet to Udon Thani . You would probably have to change buses in Sa Kaeo. From Udon Thani you can take a bus or songthaew to Nong Khai (about 1 hour.)

Take a bus from Aranyaphratet to Nakhon Ratchasima, then go by train to Nong Khai. There is only one train and it leaves at 22:48 and gets into NK at around 5:00 am. Not bad if you cross the border into Aran late.

You could also go from Sa Kaeo to Ubon Ratchathani, and from there you can go to Chong Mek and cross the border there and head to Pakse . From Pakse you could follow the Mekong up to Vientiane by bus. But that would not take you into Nong Khai.

Lots of possibilities.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.