Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

exchanging currency

• pjohny41

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2006

Another question.. I am traveling to thailand from Canada ..should I wait till I get to thailand to buy some bahts..as maybe it would be cheaper..or would it be recomended to buy most of it in Canada?

#1 Posted: 3/11/2006 - 01:52

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd buy it in Thailand. I can't speak for Canada, but in the case of Australia, the rate for buying Baht is always better in Thailand -- partly because Thai banks don't have the murderous spread Australian banks have.

#2 Posted: 3/11/2006 - 05:17

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

as a general rule you are always better off buying the local currency in the local country, particularly if you are using a major world currency. you'll get better rates and your change won't mysteriously disappear because they only have large bills available. regards.

#3 Posted: 3/11/2006 - 10:18

• wolfman

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2006
    Total reviews: 4

best bet is: always buy at the airport,when arriving. you hardly get a better deal!

HTH

#4 Posted: 3/11/2006 - 17:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.