Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Phagnan to Phuket

• kerenren

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2010

What is the easiest way to get from Ko Phagnan to Phuket aside from flying and how long will it take? I want to leave on a Friday and am wondering if it's necesarry to book ahead or just wing it.

#1 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 23:52

• Advertisement

• AngelFish78

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2010
    Location Global Village

Take a ferry from Koh Phangan straight to Surat Thani (about 2,5 hours to Donsak pier - first one leaves at 7:00 am but there's one at least 4 times a day), then take a bus from Surat to Phuket (about 6 hours). You can book combi-tickets for the ferry and bus at almost every travel agent at Phangan, or just buy a ticket at the bus. Depending on what time of year you're going, I don't think it's necessary to book ahead. I've just come back from Phangan last weekend and it is very, very quiet right now.

#2 Posted: 15/6/2010 - 22:24

• kerenren

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2010

Thanks! Can this be done overnight or would i have to spend a day getting there?

#3 Posted: 15/6/2010 - 23:45

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

If you get the 7am or 11am ferry you can do it in a day. If you get a later ferry you will miss the last bus and will have to spend a night in Surat Thani .
    If you want to do it overnight get the night ferry at 10pm. It will arrive in Surat Thani around 4am. Then you will have to hang around for a couple of hours waiting for the first bus to Phuket.

#4 Posted: 16/6/2010 - 09:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.