Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand to Cambodia

Posted by nana on 3/11/2006 at 13:12

Hi, does anyone knows how to get to cambodia from Thailand by trains or buses? How long is the journey and the cost.

Thanks.

#1 nana has been a member since 3/11/2006. Posts: 5

Posted by wolfman on 3/11/2006 at 17:44

piece of cake
1. bkk: ekkamai(eastern bus station) to trat by bus-what else- 6 hours. from there to the border by van: ban haad lek-1 hour. here you are
2. bkk: mo chit(northeastern bus station) to aranya phratet-other options minivan from kao san, train from hualampong(central train station) -4 hours from there to the border by minivan-10 min. the van from kao san goes direct,comes in handy.

hope i helped

#2 wolfman has been a member since 31/5/2006. Posts: 80

Posted by Tilapia on 3/11/2006 at 21:08

You can go as far as Aranyaprathet by train. I can't remember how much it costs or how long it takes, but the train is 3rd. Class only (cheap) and not very fast. From Aranyaprathet you can cross the border and then go by bus, truck or motorbike to wherever you want to go in Cambodia.

Bus trip to Trat takes around 5-6 hours. As Wolfman says, it's about an hour to the border (at Haad Lek) from Trat by minibus. Cross the border and then go by ferry from Koh Kong to Sihanoukville. Great trip (recommended over land travel). It's about a 5 hour ferry trip along the coast.

#3 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,490
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/11/2006 at 07:23 admin

For a blow by blow account of how to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap: Bangkok to Siem Reap overland.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,499
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by nana on 4/11/2006 at 15:05

Thanks all.

Your answers are really helpful. Now I'm hopping to Cambodia messageboard. I wish to find out how to get from Cambodia to Vietnam and then to China Beijing (by buses, trains and boats only).

#5 nana has been a member since 3/11/2006. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.