Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Taxi cost on Ko PhaNgan to Bottle beach

• Violet_Dream

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2010

I realized once I get off my Lomprayah boat from BKK that there will be transport options to get to Bottle Beach =. I am wondering what I should expect to pay to get there. I am having trouble reaching accomodations on the phone either because the number isn't working or because there is a communication barrier. Also does anyone know if it's really important to book ahead during full moon time even being really far from the full moon party?

Thanks...doing my reasearch but sometimes I'm coming up short

#1 Posted: 16/6/2010 - 16:16

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The final road to Bottle Beach is pretty hairy. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrrT-BptVSQ and getting there is usually done by boat from the fishing village of Chalok Lam on the north side of the island. From Thong Sala pier I'd expect to pay about 150 baht to Chalok Lam and about 100 baht for a longtail around the headland to BB. I might be thinking 2008 prices so add a bit for inflation.

I would not waste time trying to phone accommodation to book for FMP time. They probably won't answer and won't take bookings anyway. For FMP you might want to show up at least a couple days ahead, although the far north and northwest parts of the island tend to be less affected by FMP crowds.

#2 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 23:25

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

Bottle Beach is the last beach on the island to fill up at Full Moon time. So I think it is safe to show up and get accomodations.

#3 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 09:57

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I've previously turned up last minute the night before FMP (not planned) and easily got a bungalow up on Ao Chaophao no problem. The next night you wouldn't even guess there was this big party down on Had Rin. Just seemed like any of the many other peaceful nights I've spent on the island. Most of the places which fill up are near Had Rin or the road to Thong Sala including Baan Tai.

#4 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 23:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
phangan beach resort,ban tai ,koh phangan ... By phanganbeachresort on 19 Mar 2007 0 1765 19 Mar 2007