Thailand forum

Phuket to Phangan in 2 days. help?

• Boomtown

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

Hello,

Im arriving in Phuket on the 24th of June at 3.00pm at the airport,

Im wanting to make the fullmoon party on the 26th Of June

The only possible transport I can see from Phuket to Samui is the bus/boat ad the best leaves at 10am daily.

So i guess ill stay the first night in phuket town (backpacker recommendations anyone? NEED WIFI)

Then leave at 10am for the 8 hour trek, get there at 6 and get the boat to Samui.

Should I stay the night on Samui? And is Phangan worth staying a couple of days? or is it better to be on Samui?

Any stories or tips would be much appreciated!

thanks.

#1 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 22:26

• Advertisement

• Boomtown

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

The only possible transport I can see from Phuket to Samui is the bus/boat and the bus leaves at 10am daily apprently.******

#2 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 22:27

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Arrival by flight at Phuket yes you'll need to stay a night somewhere, but taxis/tuktuks on Phuket are extortionately expensive and the airport is at the northern part of the island away from the busy beaches of Patong/Karon etc.

From Phuket town to Surat Thani is about 240km so I'd expect a bus to do that in about 4-5 hours depending on route and number of stops. It will be important to know where that bus terminates - Suart Thani town, the transport terminal at Phunphin (near Surat rail station and airport) or all the way out to Don Sak pier where ferries leave for the islands. Makes quite a big difference in how many and what type of connections you'll have to make. Last ferry is usually 6pm but Don Sak is a good 80 km past the other stops.

Sure would be a lot cheaper/easier if you could fly into Surat Thani instead of Phuket.

#3 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 00:20

• Boomtown

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2010

thanks for the info captain bob,

If this a relativerly easy route to do?

So the morning of the 25th, maybe go see a travel agent, get a bus/boat ticket to ko samui. Leave at like 10am, the bus will stop in Don Sak Pier where ill be able to board the boat running to Samui.

Is there anything wrong that?

thanks again.

#4 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 07:50

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

You could get a combined bus/ferry ticket through an agent in Phuket or go to the bus terminal in Phuket and get a bus to Surat Thani .
    Then once in Surat go to an agent where you will then get a combined bus/ferry ticket to Don Sak pier/Samui.
    The direct bus which goes to Don Sak pier is at 10am. If you take a bus from the bus terminal there is a bus to Surat Thani almost every hour. But you will need to get the earliest possible if doing it this way. The pier is one hour from Surat Thani town.

#5 Posted: 18/6/2010 - 09:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.