Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

where to Spend a night or two in a forest

• Tarek_serag-

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2010

I will spend 7 night in bankok , and i want to spend 2 nights in a forest or a park in a banglow or a room " not in tent " , where can i go near to bankok ?

Thanks
    Great site BTW :)

#1 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 18:58

• Advertisement

• Gonzalez

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2010

My partner and I have booked to stay here in August, cant tell you whether it is good or bad as we have never been before but you could check it out.

http://www.greenleaftour.com/

#2 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 23:16

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

rooms at Green Leaf are cheap and clean but very basic, nothing fancy, worn-out beds, well-used en suite bathrooms, no a/c. GH not really in the forest, but on the outskirts of Pak Chong along the main road to Kai Yai NP. The real attraction of Green Leaf are the wildlife tours into the park, the guides are very talented spotters and work hard to show guests as much flora and fauna as possible, we were pretty blown away--the 2 day tour is a bargain. Food in the GH restaurant is not so great, but there are a couple of very good hawker stalls out front.

If you plan to spent some time in the North/Northwest, a couple of good options might be Soppong River Inn or Fern Resort. Soppong River Inn is right on the Lang River, very close to forests and villages that are perfect for day hikes. Can even hike to the nearby Tham Lod cave system, lots of caves in the area. Fern Resort is right on the edge of Mae Surin NP, great for forest hikes.

Closer to Chiang Mai is Chiang Dao , more forest/caves. Lots of lodging options: Chiang Dao

have heard good things about Chiang Dao Nest and Malee's Nature Lover's Bungalows, both are reviewed here on TF:
    Chiang Daolodgings

#3 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 02:25

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004

sorry, shoulda read "Khao Yai NP" above...

another good place to bunk in the forest, just outside of the central part of Mae Hong town is Sang Tong Huts. We stayed in the Tree Tops bungalow with gorgeous panoramic views of over the forest. Not at the lower end of the budget, but very unique--great setting and the food is stellar, dinner served family style with a different meal each evening:
    http://www.sangtonghuts.com/navigation/indexe.html

#4 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 03:42

• Tarek_serag-

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2010

hanks for all your reply's , I logged on the web sites of these places but i guess it is somewhat hard to reach from bankok ( need 2 buses or more to reach )

Isn't there a place like these ones but near bankok ? ( 2 or 3 hour for example ) ?

#5 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 15:29

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004

You can easily get bus or train direct to Pak Chong from BKK, about 4 hrs by train, Northeastern line. Direct buses run frequently from the Northern Bus Terminal and take about 3 hrs.

Closer to BKK, Kanchanaburi might fit the bill, you can get there in 2-3 hrs by bus, about 3 hrs by train.

#6 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 20:54

• Tarek_serag-

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2010

Thanks Alot ..

#7 Posted: 22/6/2010 - 13:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ok to Spend night at Airport? ... By sabyasachi1212 on 5 Oct 2006 2 2076 6 Oct 2006