Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Chang rainy in july? Tips for better stay then

• Jolinde

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2010

Because we only have a couple a days after our tour threw Isaan/Laos for relaxation I prefer not to go to the southern Islands. (last year we went to Koh Phangang and years ago to Phi Phi also in july, it's great their but we also had pretty much rain)
    So, this year i prefer to stay a bit closer to BKK and find a real pretty and unspoiled bounty beach. But offcourse I don't want the risk of (to) much stromy/rainy weather. So, where to go??? Is Chang, or Mak or... a bad choice then? Another option is flying from Udon Thani to Phuket . But honestly Phuket doesn't attract to be (to bussy, to big, nonauthentic, i loved pretty Bottle Beach on Phangan last year, and looking for something familiar). PLease tips; we'are leaving in two weeks already ;-)

#1 Posted: 22/6/2010 - 18:31

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

July is the second wettest month of the year on Ko Chang . that means it will be absolutely pegging it down! You may get some good weather, but you'd need to be lucky.

That time of year, close to Bangkok, I'd recommend Ko Samet -- it is drier, even in wet season.

#2 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 12:49

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sorry, and meant to say, there is a Thai weather map here

#3 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 12:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Java in July...too rainy? ... By comtam3000 on 11 Jul 2014 6 299 20 Jul 2014
how rainy in July/August for travel? ... By truesd10 on 27 Apr 2009 6 16553 15 Apr 2011