Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Cambodia, Cambodia to Ho chi mihn city...by ground transportation

• Iwanatravel

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2006

I know someone kind of answered this before but i didnt really understand the answers.
    I need to get from bangkok to somewhere in cambodia, get hotel maybe for cambodia, and then go from cambodia to ho chi mihn city, is there a fast way to get there by ground?

#1 Posted: 5/11/2006 - 01:45

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

See this story for information on Bangkok to Siem Reap.

From Phnom Penh to Saigon there are daily buses -- prices start at $6 and the trip takes 6-8 hours, sometimes more if they drag their feet at the border. It's the cheapest way to get to Saigon.

#2 Posted: 5/11/2006 - 06:22

• marklatham

Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2006

Hey Iwana-where's the fire?
    You can overland from thailand to poipet to siem riep on buses in about ten hours from bangkok-I think.
    But many people get ripped off on this leg,be careful,more research needed.
    Then one can bus from SR to PP for bugger all on a pretty good road.
    Cambodia has shocking roads,in the dry the Poipet road would be bumpy and dusty,in the wet bumpy and sometimes impassable.
    The good new is that one can bus from PP to saigon on the good road in six hours.Check out tales of asia for more info.

#3 Posted: 5/11/2006 - 17:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
bus from ho chi mihn city to siem reap ... By pjc57 on 17 Apr 2011 3 2039 18 Apr 2011
Bus or Boat? from Ho Chi Mihn City to Phnom Phen ... By hfergu on 23 Mar 2010 7 5792 27 Mar 2010
Cambodia-Loas Transportation ... By TylaW on 28 Jan 2011 4 3067 30 Jan 2011
How much money to allocate for transportation in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Veitnam ... By quddus on 11 Nov 2008 1 2926 19 Nov 2008
Flights Laos-Cambodia, Cambodia-Bangkok ... By Jomcevoy on 14 Feb 2007 2 5093 15 Feb 2007