Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Best beach/best beachbungalows Koh Samet

• Jolinde

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2010

What's the most beautiful spot (beach/beachbungalows) to stay at Koh Samet, and do i have to worrie about to much rain next month (july)?

#1 Posted: 24/6/2010 - 04:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

What sort of budget are you looking at? The island is small enough that you can stay just about anywhere and visit beaches on day trips.

#2 Posted: 24/6/2010 - 11:45

• ambee124

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2010
    Total reviews: 2

I stayed at 'Jep's Bungalows' http://www.jepbungalow.com/5/

Maybe not the best on offer, but clean, comfortable, next to the beach with a lovely restaurant set up on the beach. Good bars around too.

I went in late July and the weather was great

#3 Posted: 3/7/2010 - 04:47

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I've spent many happy nights in the Ao Hin Khok area, including places like Jep's and Naga and Little Hut. The beach is pretty good, the night scene fun but not over the top, and the prices friendlier than other places. It is where much of the backpacker crowd hangs out on Samet. From there it is an easy walk to several other interesting beaches too.

Ao Hin Khok is just one beach south of Haad Sai Kaeo, just past the entry fee booth for the "National Park." It is a short and interesting walk from the main ferry boat pier, so if you don't have too much stuff, you could even walk from the pier through the little village and past the entry fee booth.

You'll get a better selection and lower room prices if you arrive midweek. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 3/7/2010 - 09:57

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I don't know about beauty - Samet doesn't have any knock-down-dead fantastic landscape but I reckon Ao Pudsa/Putsa/Tubtim is the best all-round beach - pretty, quiet but only 5 minutes walk from the first of the busier northern beaches, Ao Phai .

And nothing wrong with Ao Phai either - stayed there last March, liked it. Also stayed at Jep's many years back - not bad at all.

Maybe from the point of view of undisturbed nature, a compact beach between 2 highish headlands Ao Nuan just south of Pudsa is most beautiful - but I thought the one bungalow place there was overpriced, trading on its seclusion maybe.

Samet tends to be the driest of the wet season islands in June - having holidayed at the wetter ones often in wet season I would not worry about not getting enough sun.

#5 Posted: 7/7/2010 - 11:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Which Beach - Bang Saen - Koh Samet or Hua Hin? ... By altmtl on 13 Oct 2014 3 396 13 Oct 2014
Week's beach break: Koh Samet or Koh Chang? ... By lissie45 on 24 Sep 2012 5 5250 1 Oct 2012