Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Krabi

Posted by sleepygirl on 6/11/2006 at 08:01

Hi everyone!

My family and I are looking to go spend a few days relaxing on the beach! We've booked flights to Krabi with recommendations to stay at Ao Nang but I've heard Railay Beach is beautiful!
Question is I'm not sure about relative distances... so if we are foremost interested in just beachcombing and maybe snorkelling and kayaking should we find accommodation in Krabi, Ao Nang or Railay Beach? Or does it not make much difference?

Thankyou!

#1 sleepygirl has been a member since 28/9/2006. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/11/2006 at 16:39 admin

Hi sleepygirl,

Railay Beach is stunning, particularly the back beach (Phra Nang Beach) that you can walk to. Personally I'm not a fan at all of Ao Nang, though a lot of people do enjoy it.

You don't want to stay in Krabi itself as that is on the river, well away from the beach -- Ao Nang has loads of beach -- very open and exposed, but there are islets off shore you can check out and or course boat trips to chicken island etc.

From Railay, you can do the same boat trips as from Ao Nang but the setting is far more spectacular.

Railay gets my vote!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,435
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.