Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand September Weather

• MarcCollier

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2010

Hi

i have booked flights to Thailand i am landing in Bangkok on the 28th of Aug and have just over a month in Thailand. i have notice that this is the middle of the wet season, does this mean my whole break will be a complete wash out and i will be spending nearly a whole month indoors?

any help would be great.

ta

Marc

#1 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 20:49

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi there,

No worries for the rainy season. You will get some rain of course but normally not the whole time. last year september I was in Laos and it was great, not that hot, only about 30°C and the year before I was the whole month of september in Thailand as well (Northern Thailand, Nong khai and Udon Thani). It is actually the best time to go because the tourist are not as numerous as in high season.

Even if it rains I think you might consider of going outside, it will cool you down a little bit :).
    I think you'll be just fine and going to enjoy your trip well!

#2 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 21:45

• MarcCollier

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2010

oh thanks alot...

so the weather is still good enough to sit out on the beach, and have a swim in the sea then?

does the weather mean that the travel is less reliable?

thanks alot for the help.

#3 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 22:37

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

For beach time head for the lower gulf of Thailand during June-Sep for the better weather. Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, and the way less-visited east mainland coast. Doesn't usually shift gears to rainy season that side until Oct-Feb. But as svendj says even rainy season throughout most of the region can be just fine although yes you will see some wet stuff. Last two Septembers I did motorbike trips through northern Laos and had mostly good weather (sun, clouds, a few showers) but hey it can vary a lot each year. If you bring an umbrella it will keep the rain off - and the sun when you've had enough.

#4 Posted: 2/7/2010 - 00:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
weather in september ... By halongbay07 on 18 Mar 2009 2 17367 19 Mar 2009
Good Weather in September? ... By martin1989 on 15 Dec 2009 2 2343 17 Dec 2009
Weather In September-October ... By fergal25 on 15 Sep 2013 10 2187 27 Nov 2013
Koh Samui - weather in september ... By Flacha on 18 Jun 2008 1 5274 19 Jun 2008
malaysian weather september/october ... By annalouise on 27 Jan 2011 4 10085 29 Oct 2012