Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Thailand September Weather

Posted by MarcCollier on 1/7/2010 at 20:49

Hi

i have booked flights to Thailand i am landing in Bangkok on the 28th of Aug and have just over a month in Thailand. i have notice that this is the middle of the wet season, does this mean my whole break will be a complete wash out and i will be spending nearly a whole month indoors?

any help would be great.

ta

Marc

#1 MarcCollier has been a member since 1/7/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by svendj on 1/7/2010 at 21:45

Hi there,

No worries for the rainy season. You will get some rain of course but normally not the whole time. last year september I was in Laos and it was great, not that hot, only about 30°C and the year before I was the whole month of september in Thailand as well (Northern Thailand, Nong khai and Udon Thani). It is actually the best time to go because the tourist are not as numerous as in high season.

Even if it rains I think you might consider of going outside, it will cool you down a little bit :).
I think you'll be just fine and going to enjoy your trip well!

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by MarcCollier on 1/7/2010 at 22:37

oh thanks alot...

so the weather is still good enough to sit out on the beach, and have a swim in the sea then?

does the weather mean that the travel is less reliable?

thanks alot for the help.

#3 MarcCollier has been a member since 1/7/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/7/2010 at 00:52

For beach time head for the lower gulf of Thailand during June-Sep for the better weather. Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, and the way less-visited east mainland coast. Doesn't usually shift gears to rainy season that side until Oct-Feb. But as svendj says even rainy season throughout most of the region can be just fine although yes you will see some wet stuff. Last two Septembers I did motorbike trips through northern Laos and had mostly good weather (sun, clouds, a few showers) but hey it can vary a lot each year. If you bring an umbrella it will keep the rain off - and the sun when you've had enough.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,824

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.