Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai ---> Luang Prabang

Posted by walkingtrees on 8/7/2010 at 22:56

Hi guys

I'm hoping to catch a flight from CM to LP mid August. Can some folks who have done this offer up any advice? I hoping that I can book the ticket just a few days before leaving while in CM. Is this do-able? I plan and spending some time in the CM area before Laos but don't want to be locked in a set itineary weeks before my trip has even started. Then again, I want to catch that flight...

Any help?

Thanks!

#1 walkingtrees has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 58

Posted by Captain_Bob on 9/7/2010 at 18:00

Pretty easy to get the flight by booking here in CM a few days in advance. Schedule online (currently outdated) says daily but in August I'm not seeing flights Mondays and Thursdays. Web price is $164.60 but agents here can usually do it closer to $150.

http://www.laoairlines.com

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,821

Posted by walkingtrees on 12/7/2010 at 07:03

Thanks for the info. Should I buy a ticket directly at the airport or can anyone recommend a
reputable travel agent in CM?

Thanks for all the help everyone!

#3 walkingtrees has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 58

Posted by Captain_Bob on 12/7/2010 at 19:40

There's no Lao Airlines counter at the CM airport. Buy from their office on the Huay Kaew road or from just about any agent in town.

#4 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,821

Posted by walkingtrees on 13/7/2010 at 01:37

thanks for the heads up. any issues with scam travel agents in CM?

#5 walkingtrees has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 58

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.