Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Recommendations for Xmas?

• riger

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

Hi,

From the following, where would you recommend to stay before heading to the Full Moon Party.

Phuket/Koh Phi Phi/Koh Lanta or Koh Samui

The plan is for myself and girlfriend to meet in Phuket, with the options being stay there a couple of nights then head to an island for xmas, then to FMP...or stay in phuket for xmas then travel to FMP?
    We're on a backpackers budget although over xmas we wouldnt mind a bit of flashpacking!! Looking for a mix of atmosphere, chilled/romantic but lively party scene if we fancy it!

Thanks in advance :)

#1 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 20:34

• Advertisement

• riger

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

I Should have mentioned...

Meeting in Phuket around 20th Dec, and plan to be on Koh Pha Ngan by the 27th.
    So either the 7nights just in Phuket, or split between Phuket and an island?

Thanks

#2 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 20:38

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You're talking absolute peak season at that time -- after say 3 nights on Phuket I'd head straight to Ko Pha Ngan. You'll have a better chance of finding good digs and you'll have more time to enjoy the island (aside from the FMP). KPN is also far cheaper than Phuket, so more in tune with your budget.

#3 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 07:26

• riger

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

Hi, thanks for replying :)

We've already selected a couple of digs on Koh Pha Ngan, so not too worried about that-they still have space when I checked lol!

What's your take on Koh Lanta?

Cheers

#4 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 14:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Recommendations for single female on Koh Samui over Xmas? ... By crunchyprincess on 21 Oct 2011 1 1260 23 Oct 2011