itinerary & accomodation help: bangkok-krabi-phuket-KL-bangkok
5th November, 2006
my husband, our 2-yr old daughter and myself will be travelling from toronto to thailand/malaysia on nov 19. we need some help fine tuning our itinerary and accomodations. here is what we need help with:
1. nov 21- accomodation for one night in bangkok (leaving for krabi next day at 5pm). just something clean and comfy. our budget is $30-40US
2. nov 22- once we arrive in krabi (6:30pm), should we spend the night there? or is it possoible to head to *railay* that same night? we also would like your thoughts on *railay vs. phang-nga vs. ko lanta* for some sand time. our ideal accomodation type is a mid-range bungalow.
3. nov 25- our flight from phuket to kuala lumpur leaves at 1:30 pm. since we have already booked our domestic flights with airasia, are the bus schedules reliable?
after a week in KL we will head back to bangkok to SHOP.
4. dec 1-dec 4, again, accomodation in bangkok? should we book now or just wait until we get there?
#1 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 00:18
I'll tackle a couple of your questions:
2) You can go to Railay at night (catch transfer to Ao Nang then longtail from there) but unless you've got a room already booked on Railay, you're probably better off to overnight in Krabi and make a clean start in the morning - midrange stuff on Railay fills up fast especially in high season.
Ko Lanta has the widest range and largest number of bungalows, Khao Lak (which is where I assume you mean by Phang Nga) is the most upmarket of the three and so the midrange stuff isn't as good value. Railay gets a lot of racket from the longtails coming and going. If I was after a quiet beach holiday I'd lean towards Lanta -- though Railay is so spectacular its worth visiting for at least a day or two.
3) buses are generally timely, though as with anywhere, delays do happen.
4) It really depends where you're planning to stay - if you're happy to leg it and wander around looking for a room, then I wouldn't bother booking, but if you're doing that witha 2 year old a reservation and a taxi straight from the airport to the hotel sounds pretty tempting.
#2 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 05:34
Oh and I forgot to say... Welcome to Travelfish!
#3 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 05:35
5th November, 2006
Thanks so much for the speedy reply and welcome, somtam2000.
So now that we have pandora's box open, I have another question...I tried sending an email to the Phang-nga Inn with a request for a reservation, but the email bounced back. Is it better to call them? or does anyone out there have another email address I can try? I know that it is not listed in sawadee, asiarooms, or any other hotel portal...please advise.
#4 Posted: 10/11/2006 - 01:53
the email listed is generally the only one we have -- places change their emails often and hardly ever bother to let us know. You could try giving them a call or else just try somewhere else - there's loads of places to choose from.
Which Phang Nga Inn was it you tried to contact (we've got a few) as I'll remove the email address from their profile.
#5 Posted: 10/11/2006 - 04:20
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Bangkok - Koh Samui - Phuket (or Krabi?) - Ko Phi Phi - Bangkok ...||1||5573||24 Nov 2009|
|Accomodation - Phuket,Krabi,Phi Phi,Koh Lanta! ...||4||3367||13 Feb 2009|
|Travel from Phuket to Bangkok & Bangkok to Chaing Mai ...||2||1977||29 Oct 2008|
|Bangkok Accomodation - HELP! ...||6||1648||14 Jan 2008|
|accomodation for our 1st night in bangkok ...||6||1701||24 Nov 2006|
|First nights accomodation in bangkok? ...||7||2567||31 Jan 2011|
|krabi to bangkok ...||6||528||28 Nov 2013|
|1st night accomodation in Bangkok near airport ...||2||1926||28 Nov 2006|
|Bangkok to Chiang Mai & Krabi ...||17||4050||23 May 2007|
|Accomodation in Mo Chit Bus Station area in Bangkok? ...||8||6323||13 Jan 2009|