Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

itinerary & accomodation help: bangkok-krabi-phuket-KL-bangkok

Posted by nazerah99 on 9/11/2006 at 00:18

my husband, our 2-yr old daughter and myself will be travelling from toronto to thailand/malaysia on nov 19. we need some help fine tuning our itinerary and accomodations. here is what we need help with:

1. nov 21- accomodation for one night in bangkok (leaving for krabi next day at 5pm). just something clean and comfy. our budget is $30-40US

2. nov 22- once we arrive in krabi (6:30pm), should we spend the night there? or is it possoible to head to *railay* that same night? we also would like your thoughts on *railay vs. phang-nga vs. ko lanta* for some sand time. our ideal accomodation type is a mid-range bungalow.

3. nov 25- our flight from phuket to kuala lumpur leaves at 1:30 pm. since we have already booked our domestic flights with airasia, are the bus schedules reliable?

after a week in KL we will head back to bangkok to SHOP.

4. dec 1-dec 4, again, accomodation in bangkok? should we book now or just wait until we get there?

#1 nazerah99 has been a member since 5/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/11/2006 at 05:34 admin

Hi nazerah99,

I'll tackle a couple of your questions:

2) You can go to Railay at night (catch transfer to Ao Nang then longtail from there) but unless you've got a room already booked on Railay, you're probably better off to overnight in Krabi and make a clean start in the morning - midrange stuff on Railay fills up fast especially in high season.

Ko Lanta has the widest range and largest number of bungalows, Khao Lak (which is where I assume you mean by Phang Nga) is the most upmarket of the three and so the midrange stuff isn't as good value. Railay gets a lot of racket from the longtails coming and going. If I was after a quiet beach holiday I'd lean towards Lanta -- though Railay is so spectacular its worth visiting for at least a day or two.

3) buses are generally timely, though as with anywhere, delays do happen.

4) It really depends where you're planning to stay - if you're happy to leg it and wander around looking for a room, then I wouldn't bother booking, but if you're doing that witha 2 year old a reservation and a taxi straight from the airport to the hotel sounds pretty tempting.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/11/2006 at 05:35 admin

Oh and I forgot to say... Welcome to Travelfish!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by nazerah99 on 10/11/2006 at 01:53

Thanks so much for the speedy reply and welcome, somtam2000.

So now that we have pandora's box open, I have another question...I tried sending an email to the Phang-nga Inn with a request for a reservation, but the email bounced back. Is it better to call them? or does anyone out there have another email address I can try? I know that it is not listed in sawadee, asiarooms, or any other hotel portal...please advise.

#4 nazerah99 has been a member since 5/11/2006. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/11/2006 at 04:20 admin

Hi again,

the email listed is generally the only one we have -- places change their emails often and hardly ever bother to let us know. You could try giving them a call or else just try somewhere else - there's loads of places to choose from.

Which Phang Nga Inn was it you tried to contact (we've got a few) as I'll remove the email address from their profile.

Tks

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.