Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Surat Thani airport to Ferry Pier

• trixieb

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2006

I'm just wondering how I could get from surat thani airport to the pier. from the research i've done, and seeing how I wanna get to Phangan, I guess I'll have to get to Donsak pier.

My flight gets into Surat Thani at about 11.30am. Is the only way to the pier a bus? And is there any way I can find out the timings online?

I understand that there are hourly ferry departures from donsak to phangan. Trying to get to Phangan before sundown cos I'm travelling alone.

Thanks for the help!

#1 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 09:39

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

trixieb,

when we were there in july, we took the air asia flight from bangkok to surat thani. good flight. at the airport in surat there was a counter immediately to the right as you came out of the baggage claim area that sold combo bus/ferry tickets to both samui and phangan. if i remember, the cost was something like 400B for the combo ticket to phangan (sorry, but we went to samui so i don't exactly remember the price). it seems like you could buy just a ticket to the pier, but there wasn't a price break/advantage to do that.

on the day we went, we all loaded into one bus, and then the people going to phangan changed to a different bus once we arrived in town. it was off season then, so perhaps you'll have direct service or more options this time of year.

hopefully someone else has gone more recently and can give more up-to-date info. in any case, it was pretty straight-forward and easy to arrange (albeit a bit pricey all things considered). they pretty much waited for everyone to buy their service before departing the airport.

i can't say how long the folks had to wait to board a ferry to phangan, but the samui-bound travellers pretty much got right on the ferry once the bus arrived at the pier.

one last thing. our luggage was loaded into a room/compartment on the bus to the ferry. sometime during the trip, we saw a guy get out of that compartment and leave the bus with a small bag over his shoulder. there was no other reason for this person to be in the baggage compartment than to be going through people's baggage, so be even more careful than usual about leaving anything valuable/can't live with in your bags on the bus trip.

i hope that helps. cheers.

#2 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 11:25

• ryanlai

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2012

can you remember how long does it take from air port to the ferry piers? thanks alot.

#3 Posted: 9/2/2012 - 08:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Surat Thani airport to ferry pier ... By DannyJ on 28 Dec 2008 6 11522 17 Feb 2012
Donsak Pier to Surat Thani airport? ... By markacino on 13 Oct 2010 1 6512 13 Oct 2010
surat thani airport to ferry dock ... By splash1981 on 19 Jul 2012 2 5153 19 Jul 2012
Ferry from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani? ... By adammcintyre on 27 Feb 2013 3 1820 27 Feb 2013
Night Ferry - Surat Thani to Ko Phangan ... By trixieb on 26 Dec 2006 11 11922 13 Jan 2012
Taxi share- Bangkok airport to Koh Chang ferry pier ... By Chasm on 29 Oct 2012 0 1639 29 Oct 2012
Night train from Bangkok to Surat Thani then ferry to Ko Phangan and on to Koh Tao ... By mejulie on 8 Dec 2012 1 2144 10 Dec 2012
surat thani to airport ... By lerot on 2 Apr 2012 1 1372 2 Apr 2012
Getting from Suvarnbhumi Airport to Surat Thani ... By CaitlinP on 17 Dec 2009 7 2253 22 Dec 2009
ko phangan to Surat thani airport (URT) ... By tylerjprewett on 27 Feb 2008 2 5960 30 Aug 2008