Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

new airport bangkok

• michelleush-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2006

i know this may sound worrysome if not a lil paranoid, but whats the new airport like for actually getting ya luggage to ya......as in, any ideas if they are loosing loads of luggage being new and all??

#1 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 18:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Michelle,

I came through there last week, no lost bags. It did take around 40 minutes for any bags to show up -- though that wasn't such a big deal as it took us 20 minutes to walk from the gate to luggage pickup... the airport is big - very very big.

Oh but the arrivals area is a disgrace...too small, crowded with touts and you need to change floors to catch a taxi - absolutely moronic layout...

but luggage - no probs!

#2 Posted: 9/11/2006 - 20:13

• sabyasachi1-

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2006

I passed through Suvarnabhumi on four occasions last month and spent a long time in transit getting to know the Airport's layout. No problems with luggage at all. On International flights they arrived before we were through the Immigration. On domestic flights we didnt need to wait for more than 5 minutes once we arrived at the luggage pickup area. I think they have got over the teething problems and are operating smoothly. The Airport is huge but the areas are well maked.
    I had read on this site there was a problem with taxis refusing to go to the Airport and charging 500 Baht flat. It wasn't the case with me. When I arrived instead of going to the Level I Meter Taxi counter where you are charged a levy of 50 Baht exta for no reason at all, I headed for level 4 (the departure level) where taxis empty their passenger loads. It was easy to catch a taxi there and headed straight for the city. A ride to China Town cost me 400 Baht. While coming back to the Airport from ChinaTown I took a taxi on meter through the Expressway. The meter reading was 225 Baht and 65 Baht Expressway Toll.

#3 Posted: 10/11/2006 - 11:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.