Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

A three week Itinerary for Thailand

• ptrivedi

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2010

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Thailand in august for 3 weeks and I still havent decided on the places to visit :)

I'll be arriving in Bangkok and also have a flight out from there while going back.

as for my interests, i definitley would like the beaches, any places of cultural interests and natural beauty...

I'd also love to know that if I plan to rough it out, stay in the most basic accomodations and eat street food, how much per day would i be needing...

another question: after the first 3 weeks, I'm planning to stay back for another 15 days in one placce and just chill out if I manage to get a longer visa. I'd like to know your opinion on which place (preferably a beach side location) would be best ecnomically to stay for a longer time like i plan..

would really appreciate your help, Thanks.

#1 Posted: 28/7/2010 - 14:31

• Advertisement

• walkingtrees

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2010

I flying into Bangkok on Sunday for 4 weeks. I've got a couple of posts up with itinerary questions. People on the board have been great and should give you a fair amount of useful info.

When do you arrive in Bangkok?

#2 Posted: 28/7/2010 - 23:25

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

First of all, if you're staying 5 weeks best to get a free tourist visa before you arrive. Otherwise you'll have to either do a visa run to a neighbouring country or pay 1900B for a one week extension of your 30 day entry stamp. Your airline might also refuse to let you board the plane if you don't have a flight out of Thailand within 30 days or a tourist visa in your passport.

For ideas about where to go, have a look at this link for ideas.

http://www.travelfish.org/country/thailand

Bear in mind it's rainy season in most places. For beaches try Ko Tao or Ko Phangan ...the weather is normally OK there at this time of year.

#3 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 01:42

• ptrivedi

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2010

Thanks for the information...

@walkingtrees- I arrive in Bangkok on the 16th of August.
    @SBE- thanks. I think what you suggested is a better option, should get a visa before i land there.

#4 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 12:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand - my 2 week itinerary ... By Bilby09 on 7 Nov 2009 5 2638 8 Nov 2009