Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Newbie: Travel To Thai In September

• jtrubshaw

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2010

Hi,
    I am thinking of booking a holiday for two weeks in Thailand for sometime in september. I have heard so much about it, however I have no idea really where to go. Just looking for a place that is reasonably lively but not too lively on the coast. A place where I can chill if I want to, or go to the odd bar or two as well. Any Idea

Thanks
    J trubshaw

#1 Posted: 31/7/2010 - 15:02

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Pretty hard to beat Phangan - usually is drier than most islands in September (along with neighbouring Tao and Samui)

You may want to stay a few days at a lively beach (say Had Rin) and then move to a laid back beach (Had Thian east, Had Wai Nam, Thong Reng, Sadet, Bottle to mention some)

Or stay at a quiet beach which is a short distance to the action (Leela or Had Yuan for Had Rin)

Or pick a compromise beach which has a bit of action but not over the top (Thong Nai Pan).

#2 Posted: 31/7/2010 - 20:00

• jtrubshaw

Joined Travelfish
    31st July, 2010

Excellent stuff,

Thanks

#3 Posted: 31/7/2010 - 22:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.