Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Newbie: Travel To Thai In September

Posted by jtrubshaw on 31/7/2010 at 15:02

Hi,
I am thinking of booking a holiday for two weeks in Thailand for sometime in september. I have heard so much about it, however I have no idea really where to go. Just looking for a place that is reasonably lively but not too lively on the coast. A place where I can chill if I want to, or go to the odd bar or two as well. Any Idea

Thanks
J trubshaw

#1 jtrubshaw has been a member since 31/7/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by tezza on 31/7/2010 at 20:00

Pretty hard to beat Phangan - usually is drier than most islands in September (along with neighbouring Tao and Samui)

You may want to stay a few days at a lively beach (say Had Rin) and then move to a laid back beach (Had Thian east, Had Wai Nam, Thong Reng, Sadet, Bottle to mention some)

Or stay at a quiet beach which is a short distance to the action (Leela or Had Yuan for Had Rin)

Or pick a compromise beach which has a bit of action but not over the top (Thong Nai Pan).

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by jtrubshaw on 31/7/2010 at 22:31

Excellent stuff,

Thanks

#3 jtrubshaw has been a member since 31/7/2010. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.