Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Beachfront bungalows in Koh Samui

Posted by dancingstar on 31/7/2010 at 20:03

Hi

I am looking for beachfront bungalows in Samui either in Lamai or Chaweng beach. I dont want to break my back with expensive rates so looking at ranges upto 1700 Baht per night. Any suggestions?

#1 dancingstar has been a member since 31/7/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by rawjer on 1/8/2010 at 09:01

I stayed at a place on Chaweng Beach about 5 years ago called Al's Hut.

http://www.alshutsamui.com/index.php

It's 32 individual bungalows that are lined up perpendicular to the beach, so only the front two really have a good view of the water. It had just opened (they said) when I was there in 2005. I liked the location and thought it was good value, especially compared to most of the places that usually turn up in internet searches.

There are dozens of similar places on either side of it, so if you are coming in the off season you might even just turn up and pick a place once you arrive.

#2 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by tezza on 2/8/2010 at 18:41

Absolute beachfront budget huts - New Hut on north Lamai.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by rover3 on 6/8/2010 at 17:24

Lamai Inn 99 have very good clean and spacious bungalows, I have been there twice, I paid 1100 for a garden villa, I think the beach front were 1400. Should I ever go back to samui I would definately use it again.

#4 rover3 has been a member since 21/2/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/8/2010 at 20:04 admin

What Tezza said.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 6/8/2010 at 22:24

Yeah, what Tezza said!

I remember wanting to stay at New Hut a few years back, but it was a big more budget than the missus was willing to try. Looked perfectly good to me however, and was about as "on the beach" as anywhere that's left on the island.

One other area on Samui that still had "on the beach" huts during my last visit was Maenam Beach over on the northern edge of the island. Slower-paced but still charming vibe up that way.

#6 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.