Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

August/September Ko Phangan, Ko Tao & Ko Samui - do we need to book accom?

Posted by Sarah23 on 1/8/2010 at 18:45

We are budget travellers on a year long holiday that are looking forward to some relaxing island time on the above islands between mid Aug and mid Sept. We enjoy being able to just turn up places and find a nice room/bungalow but are worried about how busy these places will be then. Can anyone reassure us we will be able to find cheapish places with vacancies during this time? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

#1 Sarah23 has been a member since 2/4/2010. Posts: 10

Posted by tezza on 2/8/2010 at 18:39

My experience in June just passed is this year is way quieter than normal. I've walked into budget places plenty of times in August - I reckon this year will maybe be easier.
Lots of budget places you can't book of course.

One caveat - if I was after a SPECIFIC place and didn't want to be disappointed I'd maybe book if possible.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by Sarah23 on 3/8/2010 at 16:52

Great! Exactly what we wanted to hear... Thanks heaps for your reply (we love your website by the way).

Sarah

#3 Sarah23 has been a member since 2/4/2010. Posts: 10

Posted by travellingsarah on 4/8/2010 at 09:31 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

We were in Ko Samui and Ko Phangan towards the end of September last year - no problem with finding accommodation when we turned up but the problem was finding cheap accommodation in Ko Samui in particular: the cheapest places we found were too grotty even for us! Be prepared to upgrade a bit.

#4 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.