Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

August/September Ko Phangan, Ko Tao & Ko Samui - do we need to book accom?

• Sarah23

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2010
    Total reviews: 21

We are budget travellers on a year long holiday that are looking forward to some relaxing island time on the above islands between mid Aug and mid Sept. We enjoy being able to just turn up places and find a nice room/bungalow but are worried about how busy these places will be then. Can anyone reassure us we will be able to find cheapish places with vacancies during this time? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

#1 Posted: 1/8/2010 - 18:45

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

My experience in June just passed is this year is way quieter than normal. I've walked into budget places plenty of times in August - I reckon this year will maybe be easier.
    Lots of budget places you can't book of course.

One caveat - if I was after a SPECIFIC place and didn't want to be disappointed I'd maybe book if possible.

#2 Posted: 2/8/2010 - 18:39

• Sarah23

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2010
    Total reviews: 21

Great! Exactly what we wanted to hear... Thanks heaps for your reply (we love your website by the way).

Sarah

#3 Posted: 3/8/2010 - 16:52

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

We were in Ko Samui and Ko Phangan towards the end of September last year - no problem with finding accommodation when we turned up but the problem was finding cheap accommodation in Ko Samui in particular: the cheapest places we found were too grotty even for us! Be prepared to upgrade a bit.

#4 Posted: 4/8/2010 - 09:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Samui August/September ... By Flacha on 16 Jun 2008 2 3153 16 Jun 2008
Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao end of July/beginning of August anyone? ... By helfet on 16 Jul 2011 1 2453 27 Jul 2011
Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao end of July/beginning of August anyone? ... By helfet on 17 Jul 2011 4 2290 1 Apr 2014
Koh Phangan - Accom away from Hat Rin ... By brizzichick on 8 Aug 2009 3 1381 9 Sep 2009