Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel from Koh Tao to Surat Thani

Posted by MLSinclair on 4/8/2010 at 18:15

Hi,

I've spent ages trying to figure out what the ferry timetable is for leaving Koh Tao to get to Surat Thani . My situation is that I am flying out of Bangkok back to the UK at 9.20pm. I would like to catch an Air Asia flight from Surat Thani to BGK at 15.40, arriving at 16.50. This should mean that I get to the airport in time to pick up my bags and have a coffee before I have to check in for my international flight.

What I would like to know is if it would be possible (without being overly risky) to get from Koh Tao, to Surat Thani for about 1pm? If this involves getting a night bus, so be it.

If anyone can think of any alternatives, I am all ears :)

Thanks

Marc

#1 MLSinclair has been a member since 27/3/2010. Posts: 4

Posted by Captain_Bob on 4/8/2010 at 20:22

Reckon this is pretty reliable
http://kohtao.sawadee.com/kohtao_transfer.html
You may need to take the night ferry or go the day before and stay one night near Surat or the airport which is about 20km out of town. You might otherwise go stay a night or two on Samui which is a whole lot closer than Ko Tao, then take the first morning ferry. Bear in mind any ferries landing at the Don Sak pier leaves you still 80km to the airport, for which you should allow 2 hours transport. I wouldn't leave it to the last minute when there's an international flight at stake, and note that Air Asia flights are sometimes delayed an hour or so. Leave room for error.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.