Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Advice wanted about my itinerary

• liminality

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2010

I'm in Thailand 22 Sept to 6 Oct for a laid-back, care-free holiday alone. Corrections and suggestions would be much appreciated!

My plan is:
    1. Spend 23-27 Sept in Chiang Mai /
    2. Fly to Phucket on 28, spend 1 nite there (I'm thinking Phucket Town, as the LP map puts it near the pier? Correct me if I'm wrong plz)/
    3. Take a ferry to Ko Phi Phi (is there such a ferry service at the time I'm traveling?), spend 2 nites there/
    4. Somehow I hope to make it to Ao Nang from Ko Phi Phi, where I look to spend 2 nites in Beach Railay, followed by a one day trip to Ko Tub. Back from the trip and 1 nite in Krabi town, before flying back to BKK on 3 Oct.
    5. Directly to Ayuthaya from BKK by bus, and spend 2 nites there.
    6. Back to BKK on 5 Oct. Leave Thailand the next day.

My concerns r:
    1. Am I swollowing more than I can chew? I've never backpacked by myself before, BTW.
    2. Is the Phucket-Phiphi-Railay hop feasible with convenient transport?
    3. I chose to stop at Phucket purely because Airasia runs a cheap flight from Chiang Mai to Phucket, and have no intention to explore the island per se. Should I skip Phucket and just go directly to Krabi? Is it easier to access Ko Phi Phi from there?
    4. For my 3n4d stay in Chiang Mai, any suggestion on what to do apart from elephant riding and trekking?

Many, many thx in advance=)

#1 Posted: 6/8/2010 - 20:14

• Advertisement

• liminality

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2010

Mistake. Actually I'll be in Chiang Mai for 4 nites and 3 days, not 3 nites and 4 days.

#2 Posted: 6/8/2010 - 20:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome to Travelfish liminality,

1st question: when you arrive, are you flying into Chiang Mai? I ask because if you're not, then it makes more sense to fly into Bangkok go to Ayutthaya on the way to Chiang Mai.

Next thing:
    Weather: you'll be getting some rain on both coasts that time of year, so keep that in mind.

In answer to your questions:
    1) It is a pretty busy itinerary.
    2) There are multiple boats from Phuket to Ko Phi Phi daily and there are boats from Ko Phi Phi to Ao Nang but they are less frequent.
    3) I'd fly to Krabi (or just get an overnight bus)
    4) No -- get a foot massage. Put your feet up. eat a lot and take it easy!

Ok, maybe go up to Doi Suthep for sunset...

/s

#3 Posted: 7/8/2010 - 21:54

• liminality

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2010

Thx man, i think i'll leave out Phucket and move Ayuthaya up between BKK and Chiang Mai, which means i'll probably take a North-bound train from Ayuthaya.
    It's interesting how Chinese people can make a holiday busier than workdays - my buddy's 10-day itinerary in Thailand last yr runs 5 full pages, and he only went north.

#4 Posted: 7/8/2010 - 22:12

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Lim
    Remember the purpose of the vacation is to have a good time and unwind... if you don't get to something, don't sweat it. Hit it up next time.

#5 Posted: 8/8/2010 - 12:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 weeks in april - itinerary - help/advice wanted please? ... By ceedee1 on 21 Jan 2010 6 3563 6 Feb 2010
Itinerary Advice/Comments Wanted - Asia ... By brothbart on 18 Dec 2009 5 3983 17 Apr 2012
Itinerary for 7 week trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia - advice wanted ... By plawhon on 9 Nov 2007 6 5340 1 Dec 2009