Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

koh lanta in low season

• buffa75

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2010

I am attending a wedding on koh lanta in APRIL and was thinking of staying on for a month or so until the end of MAY - I understand its the wet season and was wondering if anyone had done this and whether they'd recommend it? Does everything stay open in low season? Does it generally rain all day?

#1 Posted: 7/8/2010 - 12:31

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Although the driest months for Lanta and the Krabi coast are generally Dec-Feb, April and May are still relatively early in the rainy season. March/April being my preferred months to visit this area when it's not yet super-rainy but the bulk of high-season tourists have gone home. By around May yep probably some fairly regular afternoon or evening showers and some places will close down but not enough to chase you off the island. Peak rainy months July-Sep Lanta is really dead quiet. Sunny April/May weather would be more like east coast islands Ko Samui/Phangan/Tao and if you have a month to play with, why not hop coasts?

#2 Posted: 7/8/2010 - 15:02

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Yeah, I like the Andaman in April and May usually has a heap of sunshine, not too much rain.
    Hell, even in the heart of wet season - say Sept Oct it rarely rains all day.
    Lots of Lanta places open April/May.

#3 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 13:19

• buffa75

Joined Travelfish
    7th August, 2010

thanks guys, thats great info.

We plan on traveling to sri lanka also at the end of june - wondered if anyone knows of a site as good as travelfish that includes sri lanka??

#4 Posted: 7/9/2010 - 15:31

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Though some resort close during the low season, but still ther are plenty that opens. And its cheaper too. I love going to Lanta during the lower season, plenty of choice, dont worry about that. Less crowd too. Even boat ride to islands hopping are cheaper. Snorkling too is fun with less people in the water at those designted spots.
    Dont worry about the rain, normaly its a short burst of shower, lasting for an hour or so in the mid afternoon.

AA

#5 Posted: 10/9/2010 - 20:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
KOH LANTA - Long Beach Accommodation High Season ... By adammont on 4 Dec 2013 8 1078 19 Dec 2013