Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Short-term villa rental in Chiang Mai / Chiang Dao

Posted by placeshifter on 14/8/2010 at 14:56

My family and I were interested in spending anywhere from 2-7 months in the Chiang Mai / Chiang Dao region.

In Chiang Dao, we're looking for an idyllic setting filled with peace, nature, beautiful scenery, and little to no traffic.

In Chiang Mai, anywhere with a small garden where a child can play in a pretty part of town (or just outside of town) would be fine.

Any recommendations and price range would be greatly appreciated.

#1 placeshifter has been a member since 26/7/2010. Posts: 22

Posted by busylizzy on 15/8/2010 at 04:41

In Chiang Dao , I would recommend Chiang Dao Nest. I didn't stay there, but did have lunch there when on a day-trip from Chiang Mai. I was bummed out that we didn't plan an overnighter there because it was a lovely, peaceful spot in the countryside.

They had nice little bungalows in a very peaceful and beautiful settings. Restaurant also had great food.

There are some caves nearby (with walking distance, if I remember correctly) that are worth checking out. Next time I'm in northern Thailand, I would plan to stay there for 2-3 nights for some quiet R&R time.

Do a search on this forum as I know there have been discussions about it in the past. It rated 4.5 on Tripadvisor, and there are some photos on their website.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 15/8/2010 at 05:00

Sorry placeshifter - after posting, I realised that you were looking for a long-term place - therefore my post might not be so relevant.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.