Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

transport - chiang mai - chiang dao - chiang rai

Posted by rooflee on 19/8/2010 at 00:28

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can give me some info regarding any type of transport to go from the destinations below:

Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao (I read it takes round about an hour, is that correct?

Chiang Dao to Chiang rai??? Couldn't find any info strangely enough

Then we want to make our way back to Chiang mai but would like to take another route. Can someone give me some suggestions please?

Thanks a lot for your time guys
Ruth

#1 rooflee has been a member since 28/7/2010. Posts: 22

Posted by exacto on 19/8/2010 at 02:35

Hi Ruth,

Here's a paragraph from the TF feature article on Chiang Dao . It says:

Getting to Chiang Dao is easy. Buses bound for Thaton stop in Chiang Dao, departing Chiang Mai 's Chang Puak bus station (not the main Chiang Mai Arcade station) every 30 minutes. The 2nd class (fan only) bus costs 40B per person (2006 prices) and takes about 90 minutes to Chiang Dao.

Or read the entire article at http://www.travelfish.org/feature/66

There was also a fairly recent thread on getting from Chiang Dao to Chiang Rai . In that thread, Somtam said that:

You can continue north from Chiang Dao to Fang and Tha Ton and then get a boat from there to Chiang Rai -- tis a good trip, albeit a bit touristy.

You can read the entire thread at http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/thailand/11289_chiang-dao-to-chiang-rai

If your comfort level and budget allow for it, you could also look into renting a vehicle and making the drive on your own. That way you could take varying routes and stop when and where you like.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,630
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.