Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Honeymoon- Where in Krabi?

• afox197

Joined Travelfish
    25th August, 2010

We're looking to stay in the Krabi area during a leg of our honeymoon in November, so that we can experience and kayak Railay, pyang bay, and Ko Phi Phi. Originally we were thinking West Railay but heard/saw pics of how busy and loud it gets. Then I thought Ko Lanta, but the beaches look flat, and it's a trek to/fro, and we looked just north of Railay which looks fun but maybe too isolated.

It's hard to get a feel through travel books and websites. Any suggestions/recommendations on the area. Whether above-mentioned or new. Please help!

#1 Posted: 25/8/2010 - 04:58

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You are not travelling at absolute peak time, so Railay may not be too bad at that time. There are some nice resort places on the west side that would be ideal for a honeymoon.

Sandsea Resort is at the cheaper end of the 'resorts' there. They have a pool, and a range of rooms. Have stayed there twice over the last 2-3 years, once at a busy time (Feb) and once at a quiet-ish time (end May). I wouldn't go back to Railay at peak time but think it's OK off-peak. I think you would be fine in Nov - but maybe others can comment. I didn't find it particularly noisy (in terms of music or boat noise - or maybe I just got good at blocking it all out). I remember it being very quiet in the resort itself. It's a 5-min walk to the East Side where cheaper restaurants and bars are. Overall, I enjoyed Railay on my first (off-peak) visit and would recommend it.

Sandsea Resort do a 'stay 4, pay 3' nights deal but it looks like that expires at end Oct. You could always contact them to see if they would extend the deal for you. If you stay in any of the cheaper budget places on the east side, be sure to read the reviews on TF and on TripAdvisor first - I think they are a mixed bag.

#2 Posted: 25/8/2010 - 06:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hua Hin or Krabi in July for honeymoon ... By Rosieni on 20 Dec 2012 5 3006 26 Aug 2014