Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Evening transfers: Bangkok-Trang-Koh Ngai

• admash

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

Hi.

What is the transport and transfers like on an evening, from Bangkok to Trang and on to Koh Ngai?

Most flights were looking at arrive in Bangkok on an evening around 7pm. Would it be worth considering flights that would arrive in the morning, or is this not too much of a problem? Also, is it something that most resorts would help out with?

Thanks for any help!

Ad.

#1 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 21:58

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

7pm is going to be too late I think. There's an overnight sleeper train to Trang that leaves Bangkok at 17.05 and gets in about 8-9am. (Trains south usually depart right on time but are almost always behind schedule by the time they arrive BTW)

Scroll down until you get to the Bangkok to Southern Thailand timetables in this link.

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

Also on that excellent site is information about how to book online and you can see what the trains look like.

When you get to Trang there are lots of travel agencies that can arrange transport to the islands and also book a room if you want. They have catalogues with photos of the resorts to help you chose. You don't have to book for your whole stay, best to book one night and see if you like the resort you've chosen first. If you do you can extend your stay with them directly, if not you'll be free to move to a better option.

There is/was a good cafe come travel agency called Seabreeze on your left just as you come out of the train station. It's a few years since I've been there so I don't know if it's the same management nowadays but they were always very helpful in their dealings with me.

There are overnight buses too...but again I think an arrival time of 7pm is going to be too late to catch one.

I don't know if the resorts arrange transport ... maybe as they are quite upmarket on Ko Ngai... but most likely just do the transfers from Trang to the island, not transport from Bangkok. (Not 100% sure though)

Here's the Seabreeze website if you want to contact them for information about costs and options compared to what the resorts offer.

http://www.seabreeze.co.th/

#2 Posted: 29/8/2010 - 01:25

• admash

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2010

Thank you. That reply was fantastic. I had wondered whether to fully book in advance or just see what happens when we arrive. With it being a honeymoon I think we might book a few days at one resort just so we have somewhere to start instead of wondering where we'll end up. Although we both like the idea of maybe turning up and seeing what happens!

I thought it might have been abit too late, I might try and hunt down flights that arrive in Bangkok overnight or early in the morning.

Thanks again, that's a real help.

#3 Posted: 29/8/2010 - 18:52

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

You're welcome. Congratulations and enjoy your trip!

#4 Posted: 30/8/2010 - 02:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Trang aiport to Koh Ngai ... By jodie6104 on 14 Dec 2009 2 1337 15 Dec 2009
Recent Travel between Nha Trang & Quang Ngai? ... By Archmichael on 10 Apr 2010 2 2757 11 Apr 2010