Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Beachfront bgl. Samui/Samet Sep/Oct max 1500 THB

• Blobby

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2010

Hello,

so much choice that I don't find what I'm looking for ;-)

We are heading to Thailand for 2,5 weeks in late September/beginning October. We are actually not sure, if it will be Ko Samui or Ko Samet. It depends a lot on the weather forecast before we travel. We are looking for a nice beachfront bungalow at a close to perfect beach. White sand, coconut trees and turquoise sea are a must *g*. And please no speedboats, jetskis etc. but at least some restaurants (or one good) not too far away.

My girlfriend needs a bit comfort, but A/C is not a must.

On Ko Samui, I think Thong Ta Kien Bay would be our choice. Maybe the Promtsuk Buri Hotel. Though their beachfront bungalow is a bit overbudget at 2,200 THB and they told me some construction is going on. Do you have other suggestions ? Another beach ? Is beachfront even worth it or will a loud beachbar disturb us ?

On Ko Samet, do you have any suggestion (beachfront, perfect beach, calm, a bit comfort, 1500 THB max) ? Or even another island ? I've been on Ko Chang in October some years ago and liked it alot. So I would try something "new".

Thank you !

#1 Posted: 2/9/2010 - 00:30

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Jetskis and banana boats are a common sight along the east coast of Ko Samet, especially on weekends and anywhere near Hat Sai Kaew and Ao Wong Deuan but being a small island you're likely to see/hear them just about anywhere. Great sand and clear water on Samet though. The whitest sugary sand I've yet seen in Thailand along with around Phi Phi, Kradan, and Lipe. I've stayed right smack on the beach at Ao Wong Deuan (Samed Cabana) but it sure wasn't for 1500b. Maybe try Tubtim (Ruby) Beach and the same-named http://www.tubtimresort.com.

You're smart to wait and see about the weather, as end-Sep/early-Oct can be very unpredictable, but Samet seems to be one of the driest islands just about any time of year, while "rainy" season can kick into the lower gulf anytime in October or some years even earlier.

#2 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 16:36

• Blobby

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2010

Thank you for your input.

After some more research I think we will skip Ko Samui for Ko Phangan. Also, the more I think about it, I may prefer a bungalow a bit more privatly and not directly on the beach.

Ko Samet on the other hand would also be easier to reach from Bangkok, where we arrive and stay the first days. However I would have loved the train ride down to the south.

#3 Posted: 4/9/2010 - 21:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beachfront bungalows in Koh Samui ... By dancingstar on 31 Jul 2010 5 3507 6 Aug 2010
Samet to Samui ... By greenman42 on 30 Sep 2009 4 1277 30 Sep 2009
Ferry from Samet to Samui? ... By KerryH on 3 Aug 2006 2 1768 3 Aug 2006
Travel from Samui to Ko Samet ... By dion1927 on 31 May 2006 1 2590 31 May 2006