Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ferries/boats too Langkawi, are they running around 24/09/10

• kernowfixing

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2010

hi

we are currently working our way down the west coast of Thailand. once we reach Koh Lanta we want to catch a boat to Langkawi Malaysia and if possible maybe stop at Koh Lipe on the way. we have been doing a lot of reading and i think it is not clear if the boat/ferry routes we have seen for these plans will be running?i understand tigerline has a service but i can not get the info i need from their wedsite

does anybody know if this route will be running?and if not please may i have suggestions of possible other ways of reaching Langkawi.are there boats from Saturn?thanks for the help....cheers

#1 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 19:27

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Tigerline won't be doing the route until at least November. Some speedboats might do Lipe-Langkawi if there's enough demand and the weather outlook is favourable, but I wouldn't count on it too much. Pak Bara (mainland) to Lipe is a much more viable option this time of year, and Satun to Langkawi ferries run year-round.

#2 Posted: 3/9/2010 - 20:21

• kernowfixing

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2010

cheers Bob for the info thats really appreciated!looks like we will then head to Satun and head on from there. thanks mate

does anyone else have any thoughts?cheers....

#3 Posted: 4/9/2010 - 16:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ferries from Thailand to Langkawi ... By huggomartini on 20 Sep 2008 4 8460 6 Oct 2008
Boats not running from Huay Xai to Pakbeng ... By somtam2000 on 16 Feb 2010 25 13791 1 Apr 2010