Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Need to cross the ocean to Australia

• worldcitize-
    n999

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2010

hello. my name is jimmy, i am 22, and i live in China, Beijing, i am planning on go to Thailand and then Malaysia and Bali and Australia, so my problem is that i want to go from SE Asia to Australia without flying mainly because i have a lot of time but not alot of money, so i am can either go from Bali to Dampier or i can go to Torres Strait and island hopping make my way down to queensland, i kinda perfer the second way(because i've got no clue how to cross those islands) Actually i can leave at any place in SE asia ,but doesn't matter which one i'll have to have a boat or a catamaran or anything at all to help me get there and if you are planning something similar please let me know, i am willing to share the expenses and i would love to help out with anything i can even rent you ship, anyway i can be in Thailand or malaysia from mid Dec 2010 to early march 2011, so let me know and thanks for reading

#1 Posted: 5/9/2010 - 12:25

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Hello,

You only need to post the message on one board instead of three (since all of the messages post to the front page).

Regarding ocean travel, I've looked into this. It's not any cheaper to take a boat instead of flying. It's actually more expensive based on what I've seen. Try Air Asia out of Kuala Lumpur.

#2 Posted: 5/9/2010 - 19:52

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

As per above, flying is way cheaper than taking a boat. Perhaps you've read "Treasure Island" too many times my friend ;-)

#3 Posted: 6/9/2010 - 00:15

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Am locking this thread and the conversation can continue in the Indonesia branch as that is the most pertinent. Please don't cross post like this :)

#4 Posted: 6/9/2010 - 07:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
ocean tours - ocean sails junk ... By hotdiggeydog2 on 4 Jun 2008 0 3189 4 Jun 2008