Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Baan Panburi

• melbournetr-
    aveller

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2010

Hi guys!
    I booked flights to Thailand about 4 months ago and have looked at this site almost everyday so thanks for all the great information you've provided to a first time traveller!!!
    I was just looking for some general information on the area around Thong Nai Pan Noi beach and if anyone has stayed at Baan Panburi village before? We have booked 5 nights over the full moon party in december and figured we could make our way down south for the party then head back up for the rest of our stay. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting there, away or around, what the accomodation/staff are like (we have booked a garden hut) and if we have made a good decision or not?
    Cheers!

#1 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 10:08

• Advertisement

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

Hey, first off nice choice of accommodation.
    We stayed there last year. We planned to stay for only a few days but ended up there for two weeks.
    The beach itself is astonishing. It’s not too busy, very laid back and visually stunning.

The Baan Panburri has been there for years. It has the most popular restaurant on the beach and is open all day long. It also has the best spot on the beach, slap bang in the middle and has a very relaxed feel. The staff at Baan Panburri are awesome. They will always greet you with a smile and help you with anything and everything. Garden huts are fine – that’s what we had. I don’t think any hut can be more than 20meters from the beach anyway. You’ll also probably find that they have the fire dancers from the FMP performing once or twice a week.
    You’ve picked the best beach on the island (IMO) and it’s very easy to get there. A taxi will cost you maybe 1000 bhat if you want exclusive use of the taxi, and maybe 200 pp if you share with others. You’ll have no problem as there will be a hoard of shouting taxi drivers greeting you from the boat. They’ll sort you all into groups going to similar destinations.
    As for transport to the FMP itself, there is a sandwich shop right in the middle of the village at Thong Nai Pan Noi. I forget the name, something like Handsome Sandwiches – it’s more or less opposite the Jungle Bar. Well, they run taxis to and from the FMP. They will charge probably 500 bhat per person (depends on numbers). They will also hold you to a pick up time afterwards. Don’t be late or they will leave you at the party and then you’ll have to pay again.

I was looking at heading to the Baan Panburri later this year. It’s such a relaxing place I can’t wait to go back.

Have fun and take care at the FMP, take notice of warnings given by others, leave valuables in the hotel safe, don’t take drugs (penalties are too extreme, not worth the risk) etc.

#2 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 17:28

• melbournetr-
    aveller

Joined Travelfish
    16th September, 2010

Thanks so much, that was exactly what I wanted to hear! it's so hard knowing what to do and what not to do when i have never travelled before. I can't wait to leave! only 3 months and counting! thanks for all the info about getting there and around , the train/boat/bus websites get a bit overwhelming.

#3 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 19:11

• Sparts

Joined Travelfish
    5th June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 17

There is a guide called Phangan Info that you can find in most shops/hotels/minimarts - usually left on the counter at the checkout and it's free.
    It has a bit of info on things to do and see but is mostly just ads. It has ferry times, bus times, dive trips etc. If you can I'd pick a copy up if you get a chance. I found it quite helpful.

I should also have said that I guess you understand you'll not be staying in luxury in Baan Panburri? It's not the Ritz, but as good or better than most at that price. It's the location and staff that make it so good.
    Have fun

#4 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 20:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Baan Panburi Renovations?!!! ... By EmjayReet on 14 Sep 2006 2 1228 14 Sep 2006
Baan Panburi or Star Huts on TNP ... By sistaka on 6 Apr 2010 3 1064 17 Apr 2010