Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

New Bright clean guesthouse or hotel in Changrai

• mysticpaki

Joined Travelfish
    24th April, 2006

Please advise something new swanky bright place to stay in Changrai. Im willing to pay from 500 to 1000 baht with a proper toilet (not thai style that youre showering right next to the pot:):)
    I will be hiring a scooter so if the location is romantic then great.Will be there for 3 to 4 nights.
    (Something similar to Naa Inn in Changmai which is really super for 600 baht)

Secondly is Chiang Kong (border place across from Laos) worth spending a night or 2?? Any waterfalls there??
    Many thanks
    Deeply appreciate your replies
    Regds Eddie

#1 Posted: 18/9/2010 - 16:26

• Advertisement

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,

I would recommend The North Hotel in Chiang Rai. It's centrally located just behind the night bazaar. Looks rather new and rooms are tasteful, clean and simple, yet stylish (you'll understand if you check it out i think..) with proper toilets and hot water showers. Some have balconies, others a back door to a small veranda. Some pleasant common areas as well. Not to mention the staff, very friendly and helpful. I stayed there around three weeks altogether, with some bike rides in between, and i think i paid 400b/night for a fan room (all rooms have A/C if i remember correctly, but you have to pay extra for the remote..) and this was in march so may have been low season prices. They also have a private parking area in the back, very handy if you have a bike. I'd stay there again if i went back..

Chiang Kong is definitely worth a few days. I can't give you any specific advice on what to see since i didn't go around much when i was there, there is plenty though, but i really liked the atmosphere. Guest house with a veranda by the Mekong watching the river pass... if you know what i mean..:)

Happy trails..

#2 Posted: 18/9/2010 - 21:47

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Forgot to mention that the rooms at The North have cable TV and a fridge as well (think a bag of cold mangos and a film..:).

#3 Posted: 18/9/2010 - 21:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mr Chieu guesthouse, HCMC, clean sweet and family-run ... By bci on 2 Nov 2012 0 994 2 Nov 2012
Homely stay, clean and quiet safe guesthouse. ... By ericgoh on 17 Aug 2006 2 3051 6 Dec 2006
New and clean hotel in the UNESCO area of Luang Prabang ... By tumblefish on 24 Mar 2008 2 2618 17 Apr 2008