Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Searching for name/details of little resort near Nirvana, Ko Chang

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan
    Total reviews: 20

Last time I was on Ko Chang, looking over towards Nirvana resort from Bang Bao pier, I noticed what looked like a small bungalow place with a few huts/cottages on the water. This was a little way left past Nirvana. I hadn't noticed it when I was wondering around the coast near Nirvana resort so there was no signpost. It was pretty near the "channel" that the boats use to get out to open water.

Does anyone know where I mean and have a name? I couldn't really sees from that distance but it looked like a lovely, quiet place to spend a few days.

p.s. I don't mean Cliff Cottages.

#1 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 11:12

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 50
    Places visited:
    At least 43

maybe it is this one, near the tip of that isthmus: http://www.remarkpuzi.com/
    http://www.hotels2thailand.com/thailand-hotels-map.asp?id=1388

#2 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 12:15

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Places visited:
    At least 43

by the way, if you want really quiet Zion on Long Beach is nice - the monkey village or whatever else is there gives you somewhere to socialize but Zion is very relaxed and right next to the beach.

#3 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 12:19

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Places visited:
    At least 43

Treehouse . . not monkey village . . .

#4 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 12:22

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan

Hi Caseybeach, no it's not Remark Puzi, that's to the right of Nirvana as you look from the pier, the place I spotted was to the far left and looked like the furthest accomodation if you followed the path from Bang Bao, through Puzi, past Cliff Cottages and then, I guess, through Nirvana as there didn't seem to be a path behind Nirvana's place.

It looked pretty far to be honest.

#5 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 14:32

• Dutchgirl

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Location Netherlands
    Total reviews: 7

#6 Posted: 21/9/2010 - 00:34

• Tennouji

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2007
    Location Japan

Hi Dutchgirl the location is pretty much near where Baan Preeda is shown on that map and could possibly be Homestay Bungalows. I think what I saw is visible on this picture of Tezza's here

right in the middle of the picture behind the pier you can make out about 6 tiny bungalow looking things on a sliver of a beach. Good detective work!

#7 Posted: 21/9/2010 - 20:41

• Dutchgirl

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Location Netherlands
    Total reviews: 7

Tennouji,

It should be Homestay, because Baan Preeda has only 2 bungalows, looking much different from what I see on the pic.
    Looks like a nice place to stay!
    Have fun when you go there!

#8 Posted: 22/9/2010 - 00:36

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Whoa - I had a real good wander around when I visited Cliff Cottages - all I found was the upmarket place - Nirvana? Shouldn't have had that 4th beer at CC.

#9 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 15:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Contact Details for Thanh Kieu Beach Resort, Phu Quoc ... By RichMelZA on 9 Nov 2009 5 4208 13 Nov 2009