Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

any suggestions for most preferred shopping mall in Bkk?

• juliasaint

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2010

I've been looking into which mall suits u best in Bkk, i mean, overall, i'm not saying which one is the nicest. but just the one that fits every aspect of you.

I chose MBK b'cus it has everything i need there, but there r still other contenders, such as Central World, Childom, Paragon, etc....

Feel free to fill in! i'm just brainstorming for my new blog topic.. will let u know how it goes, thanks!

#1 Posted: 21/9/2010 - 09:41

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I guess Zen at Central World is out of the question?

I'd probably say MBK too, which is what locals and expats alike seem to suggest as well. I like MBK in terms of its overall central location as well as being situated right on the sky train. There is a great mix of everything from megastores to small stalls, and merchandise ranging from arts and crafts to clothes to a great selection of food choices and more. Yum! MBK is also a quick walk to several other shopping areas, from the upscale to the traditional. The downside is that it can be very crowded. Watch your watch and wallet too.

A second choice is Chatuchak, the weekend market. You can get anything and everything there. It is a bit of a circus, and can be claustrophobic for some (including me). It probably isn't a good choice if you think that fire codes are something that should be enforced either. But in all my years in BKK, every time I just couldn't find something I wanted anywhere else, I found it at Chatuchak - and at a good price too.

#2 Posted: 21/9/2010 - 09:55

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Agree with exacto's comments. Would also add Pantip Plaza for electronic gear (laptops, cameras, etc) and accessories.

#3 Posted: 21/9/2010 - 10:20

• husqvarna

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2009

Chatuchak can be a very fun experience. Lots and Lots of stuff. There is an indoor air conditioned mall part which is welcome after the hot outside stalls. Prices are sometimes higher inside than outside. I can't say enough about how much fun I had at Chatuchak. Recommend getting there early to beat the heat and the crowds.
    Enjoy the adventure

#4 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 02:25

• husqvarna

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2009

Chatuchak can be a very fun experience. Lots and Lots of stuff. There is an indoor air conditioned mall part which is welcome after the hot outside stalls. Prices are sometimes higher inside than outside. I can't say enough about how much fun I had at Chatuchak. Recommend getting there early to beat the heat and the crowds.
    Enjoy the adventure

#5 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 02:25

• juliasaint

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2010

Thanks folks for your input!

Thanks to all of you who keep giving me inputs and insights, i've got my blog going, i've got a lot of info on Thailand, and also i'll the good stuff here as well for all of u, and vice versa!

you can give it a try if you want --> http://juliasaint.xanga.com/weblog wish me luck!

#6 Posted: 10/10/2010 - 16:53

• juliasaint

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2010

but actually exacto Zen won't be open for now but the rest of Central World is slowly opening up, b'cus i was just there on wednesday and many shops were already opened (the plaza side)

#7 Posted: 10/10/2010 - 16:53

• juliasaint

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2010

@ busylizy, i also suggest Fortune Tower which is down by Ratchada road, also at the Ratchada MRT (subway) Station. They also have loadz of techy stuff, and i've given it a try and many of them speak pretty good English as well !

#8 Posted: 10/10/2010 - 16:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.