Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

4X4 with driver from bangkok to chiang mai

• hommealaval-
    ise

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2010

we are 4 frenchies due to leave bangkok on jan 16 2011 to go to chiang mai in 3 to 4 days.
    we would like to find a sound 4X4 company with reasonable prices. please help.

#1 Posted: 28/9/2010 - 23:19

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

From Bangkok to Chiang Mai the more direct (highway) routes there's no need for a 4wd. I would recommend getting to Chiang Mai first and rent/hire a car/driver there. The far north is much more hilly with good places to visit by 4wd. Good local rental outlet is http://www.northwheels.com/mpv_suv.html but you'll need to ask about a driver. There are quite a lot of freelance drivers with their own jeep/SUV around town.

#2 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 00:51

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

I agree with Captain :) It's better to go to CM by bus/train/plane and rent a car there. I also can recommend NorthWheels, 3 years ago I rented ISUZU MU7 there, vehicle in good condition, reasonable price. Next month I plan to visit CM again and rent a car in NW again :)
    The quickest way you can reach CM is airplane (AirAsia provides non-expensive flights). More cheaper option is a night train. Or if you would like to look at scenery, you can use day bus (and make some stopovers).

#3 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 20:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.