Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket to Krabi by bus/minibus

• markacino

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2010
    Location Australia

Hey all,

Ive tried searching on the net but can only find conflicting information. We are looking at heading over to Krabi from Phuket and would like to get some info on if there are any buses available, and if so, where to buy tickets and then hop on the bus.

Also, is there a minibus service running this route too?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 08:11

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I can't help you with specifics, but there will definitely be busses running to Krabi. Phuket must be teeming with travel agents - I would pop into one of the agents, or ask at your hotel/guesthouse and they will be able to sort out a bus for you.
    Good luck!

#2 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 14:59

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Got to be buses just about hourly from the Phuket town bus station - Phuket buses http://www.phukettourism.org/other/bus_time_phuket.htm

There are also minibuses - any travel counter or hotel/guesthouse should be able to book you.

Now if you want to go from the airport it gets a lot trickier because Phuket airport is 35-40km from Phuket town and the main beaches Which are the opposite direction to Krabi . Airport axis will take you direct as will the limo services for maybe +10-20%, but these aint cheap.
    You can get a taxi the 4km or so out to the main road and wait for a Krabi bound bus to pass, but this is not as easy as it may sound if you are new to Thailand.

#3 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 17:53

• christof

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Buses are regular from the governement bus station until about 7pm.

I have not travelled on a mini bus in Thailand for almost 5 years. They are notoriously uncomfortable and the aircon hardly ever works...miserable.

Tezza is right about the Phuket airport consideration. This can add considerable time to your journey. There is a short piece of information on this particular part of the trip on my website at a) ii). Just replace 'Ranong' with 'Krabi'

http://www.kohphrathong.com/budget_travel_notes.html

#4 Posted: 16/10/2010 - 22:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Minibus from Phuket airport to Ko Lanta??? ... By Louw on 13 Dec 2009 3 4844 14 Dec 2009