Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Airline Booings

Posted by Red on 22/11/2006 at 06:04

As I have already booked our flight from BKK to Co Samui on the 11th Jan at 2.00pm, which will be the more reliable Airline to fly with from CM down to BKK if we can leave at 8.20am on the same day? Do all flights get delayed or only some?
So will I be better off with all the hassles I've had with trying to book from here, to wait and book our flight once we get to BKK on the 27th Dec from the airline offices/agents or 7/11 stores?
I'm getting nervous about this leg of our trip as I've not done this before so I'm just putting my trust in being able to book things online and hoping for the best.
Thanks again.

#1 Red has been a member since 22/5/2006. Posts: 46

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/11/2006 at 06:41 admin

Hi Red,

Over the years I've flown both Nok Air and Air Asia about 30 times between them and have never, ever had a flight delayed more than 5-10 minutes. I've read complaints about airasia in this regard, but it's not been my experience -- ever.

The flight Chiang Mai to Bangkok is under an hour in length so even if it is delayed or you miss it, there's more flights that will get you in in time.

As to booking in advance or not, if you can book a ticket in advance then why not? If you leave it till later you'll only pay more for the ticket and have less of a chance to get a seat.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Red on 22/11/2006 at 07:53

Thank you Somtam, once again youv'e given good advice.
I'll try to book before we go.

#3 Red has been a member since 22/5/2006. Posts: 46

Posted by marianwarren on 23/11/2006 at 10:38

Hi Red

Our Air Asia BKK - CM flight was delayed by 40 mins ... it seemed that we were waiting for the pilot to arrive. No problems with the flight otherwise.

Regards

Marian

#4 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Posted by Red on 23/11/2006 at 11:04

Thank you everyone for your help and information.
I've decided to try once more online booking in the new month, if no luck I'll just book once we are there.
Once again thanks. :)

#5 Red has been a member since 22/5/2006. Posts: 46

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.