Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Airline Booings

• Red

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2006

As I have already booked our flight from BKK to Co Samui on the 11th Jan at 2.00pm, which will be the more reliable Airline to fly with from CM down to BKK if we can leave at 8.20am on the same day? Do all flights get delayed or only some?
    So will I be better off with all the hassles I've had with trying to book from here, to wait and book our flight once we get to BKK on the 27th Dec from the airline offices/agents or 7/11 stores?
    I'm getting nervous about this leg of our trip as I've not done this before so I'm just putting my trust in being able to book things online and hoping for the best.
    Thanks again.

#1 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 06:04

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Red,

Over the years I've flown both Nok Air and Air Asia about 30 times between them and have never, ever had a flight delayed more than 5-10 minutes. I've read complaints about airasia in this regard, but it's not been my experience -- ever.

The flight Chiang Mai to Bangkok is under an hour in length so even if it is delayed or you miss it, there's more flights that will get you in in time.

As to booking in advance or not, if you can book a ticket in advance then why not? If you leave it till later you'll only pay more for the ticket and have less of a chance to get a seat.

#2 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 06:41

• Red

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2006

Thank you Somtam, once again youv'e given good advice.
    I'll try to book before we go.

#3 Posted: 22/11/2006 - 07:53

• marianwarren

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2006
    Total reviews: 13

Hi Red

Our Air Asia BKK - CM flight was delayed by 40 mins ... it seemed that we were waiting for the pilot to arrive. No problems with the flight otherwise.

Regards

Marian

#4 Posted: 23/11/2006 - 10:38

• Red

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2006

Thank you everyone for your help and information.
    I've decided to try once more online booking in the new month, if no luck I'll just book once we are there.
    Once again thanks. :)

#5 Posted: 23/11/2006 - 11:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.