Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

visa help(have looked at the link)

• barrylad66

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2008

hi...i have been looking for any posts similar but could'nt find any so here i go!!
    will shortly be embarking on my cycle tour around se asia.i arrive in bkk with a 60 day tourist visa.will then be heading to laos, vietnam and cambodia before croosing back to thai before heading down to hat yai and crossing into malaysia.i should be able to make it down to kota baruh with the 15 day visa,but will this count as one of my 3 entrys as i plan on cycling back into thailand (getting my second tourist visa in penang).will i be able to get 1 more tourist visa if i decide to go back to laos????...sorry if this sounds confusing as iv'e just confused myself!!!!

regards

#1 Posted: 5/10/2010 - 21:34

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The 3-entry rule for Thailand (90 days per 6 months) no longer exists and anyway only applied to visa-exempt entries back then. You'll be able to get proper Thai tourist visas in neighboring country Thai consulates at Penang, KL, Kota Bharu, Phnom Penh, and Vientiane no problem. But as you seem to know it's only a 15-day entry if you enter by land without a visa (permitted your nationality qualifies - US/UK/AU etc). Play the game properly and you'll be good to go.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 03:39

• barrylad66

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2008

nice bob..i will play it by ear!!!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 11:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.