Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

visa help(have looked at the link)

Posted by barrylad66 on 5/10/2010 at 21:34

hi...i have been looking for any posts similar but could'nt find any so here i go!!
will shortly be embarking on my cycle tour around se asia.i arrive in bkk with a 60 day tourist visa.will then be heading to laos, vietnam and cambodia before croosing back to thai before heading down to hat yai and crossing into malaysia.i should be able to make it down to kota baruh with the 15 day visa,but will this count as one of my 3 entrys as i plan on cycling back into thailand (getting my second tourist visa in penang).will i be able to get 1 more tourist visa if i decide to go back to laos????...sorry if this sounds confusing as iv'e just confused myself!!!!

regards

#1 barrylad66 has been a member since 9/3/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by Captain_Bob on 6/10/2010 at 03:39

The 3-entry rule for Thailand (90 days per 6 months) no longer exists and anyway only applied to visa-exempt entries back then. You'll be able to get proper Thai tourist visas in neighboring country Thai consulates at Penang, KL, Kota Bharu, Phnom Penh, and Vientiane no problem. But as you seem to know it's only a 15-day entry if you enter by land without a visa (permitted your nationality qualifies - US/UK/AU etc). Play the game properly and you'll be good to go.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by barrylad66 on 6/10/2010 at 11:11

nice bob..i will play it by ear!!!

#3 barrylad66 has been a member since 9/3/2008. Posts: 44

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.