Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand in November: good weather??,,,

• breaker15

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

hey guys! one quick question, im planning to visit Thailand for the first two weeks of November, thinking of the Krabi area...will i get sunny weather or most likely, rain n more rain??

Im gonna keep reading the forum in order to get more info but help will be highly appreciated!! :)

thank you very much!

Peace Out

#1 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 19:07

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

generally good weather, yes, although it can still be a bit wetter on that side of the gulf in november. have a look at this link to the animated weather map and see for yourself:

http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

#2 Posted: 11/10/2010 - 23:33

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I'll ask God and get back to you.
    Tends to be drying out down the west coast then but can easily still be quite showery. Won't really know until you get there but reasonable to hope for a fair bit of sun. I've experienced sun and rain in large quatities in the Krabi area in November, different years different weather. Good luck.

#3 Posted: 12/10/2010 - 17:24

• christof

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Is still raining on a daily basis in Krabi at the moment. I am quite happy about this.

I think the rainy season will go on later this year.

#4 Posted: 16/10/2010 - 22:47

• ThaiAdvice1

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2010

I think it'll likely rain each day...but that can be very refreshing

#5 Posted: 17/10/2010 - 16:50

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

We were there middle of last November and it rained quite a bit but there were enough sunshine breaks to keep us happy.

#6 Posted: 18/10/2010 - 09:35

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

In early Nov the Andaman rainy season is usually ending - seeing I've found travel in full on wet season there over several trips okay sunshine wise, it should be better early Nov.
    I have arrived mid-November often, tends to be real good then. Doing the same this year.
    I'm a weather nerd - this is my usual spiel for November:

The southern Gulf islands (Samui, Phangan, Tao) tend to be wetter in November. They have a different wet season - normally Oct into Jan.
    Prolonged wet periods are not too common in Thailand but I have to say in all the years I've been following the wet season (I'm a weather nerd, got a weather page in the link below) the most complaints of this have come from the Samui area islands in Oct, Nov and early Dec. But things are variable - I've only visited this area once during THAT period, in Nov 97, and I got good weather. It seems these real wet ones come up about in about 20-25% of the years - but not necessarily every 4th-5th year.

In other regions early November often sees the wet season tapering off - by mid/late November often dry season has kicked in.
    Mid-late Nov is my favourite time for doing the Andaman because there is normally heaps of sunshine with periodic ripper storms, but it is shoulder season with plenty of vacancies, fewer crowds yet all ferry transport normally open. I'll be there this year.

It can be even better in the eastern Gulf (big Chang and neighbours plus Samet) and the North, where statistically and anecdotally the wet season ends earlier than elsewhere. The central area around Bangkok seems less wet in early Nov too.
    Now all this stuff can lead to overload - in short, if I wanted to visit Krabi early November I'd go for it. One of the biggest downsides to Krabi is overcrowding - this will not be the case in early November which is early shoulder season.

#7 Posted: 20/10/2010 - 15:32

• breaker15

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

Okay, thanks a lot for the info, really appreciate it guys!! :)

#8 Posted: 21/10/2010 - 06:53

• christof

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I'd have to agree with Tezza. November is usually a great month on the west coast.

The rain is clearing but there are still exciting storms periodically. There is a fresher feel in the morning that reminds me of a European summer morning. Nature is vibrant & green having enjoyed several months of regular rain. November is a much better fringe month than April at the opposite end of the season...

...at least on the island I live...

#9 Posted: 21/10/2010 - 07:37

• breaker15

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2010

thank you all for your answers!! finally doing krabi for like two weeks, proly like this:

1.krabi (ton say beach, ko poda, railay west n pran nha bay) for beach relax, snorkel, rock climbing? bike rides,...) during 4 days or so.
    2. phi phi for like 2-3 days...
    3. ko lanta for another 2-3 days

what do u guys think about intenerary? i got to krabi in the morning 11ish, so i just walk around n try to find a place to sleep or book in advanced?? not looking for a resort or anything fancy, just some decent bungalows near the beach not too expensive...i have heard about TWIN PALMS BUNGALLOWS in phi phi, any feedback??

cheers!!

#10 Posted: 27/10/2010 - 20:35

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Weather in Thailand November 1st time backpackers ... By Kevandjace on 18 Jan 2013 9 4332 20 Jan 2013
Weather & impact in Thailand, next week & November ... By somanights on 10 Oct 2013 6 1011 12 Oct 2013
Con Dao island weather in November? ... By NicolasCA on 31 Oct 2007 2 3897 6 Nov 2007
weather in november on the islands ... By mickdaly10 on 27 Jul 2010 5 7848 28 Jul 2010
another weather in november question ... By snowfish on 18 Oct 2009 4 3537 12 Oct 2010
Weather November - islands ... By Neilk61 on 26 Sep 2011 6 7251 28 Sep 2011
Figuring out November travel regarding weather ... By TheNewGuy8 on 5 Nov 2010 1 1758 6 Nov 2010