Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Vegetarian Festival 2010

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 14/10/2010 at 08:34

Hey all,

I'm thinking of hoofing it back to Phuket for the last day or two of the Veggie Fest. I heard that they save the best 'til last. Has anyone here checked it out this year? I'm basically keen to see some weird stuff and the version of the festival running through Georgetown, Penang is fairly tame.

Is it worth going to Phuket to catch the last day of the fest?

#1 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by CrankyCarrot on 19/10/2010 at 14:30

Ah, you rotten bastards. 0 replies??!

Well, for those who want to know for next time, they do most off the cool stuff prior to the last day of the festival. If you wanna see all the crazy Eiffel Tower through the face business, you need to show up by the middle of the week or so long festival.

By the time I got back from a Malaysian visa run, it was all fireworks and drums. Still interesting, if deafening, but I was pretty miffed about missing the wilder antics.

#2 CrankyCarrot has been a member since 24/3/2010. Location: Thailand. Posts: 662
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 19/10/2010 at 17:23 TF writer

Sorry - wish I had seen this sooner. I was thinking about going to do some photography, but was too busy and then too lazy. Here's some awesome photos from this year's Vegetarian Festival to make us feel bad about not being there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/binderdonedat/tags/vegetarian/

See ya there in 2011.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.