Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi (Long beach) accommodation

• steveo

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2010

staying on PHI PHI and decided on Long beach (centrally) not to far from night life but quiet enough to sleep at night, we are late 40's for 4 nights, November 10th
    some places we have looked at want 3000 per night (paradise resort/beachresort/paradise pearl) but looking for something cheaper 1500-2000, any suggestions, clean A/C.
    also same for Samui (3 nights)

steve

#1 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 21:50

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

PP Hill is in that range. High above Long Beach with one of the best views in Thailand from its restaurant.
    I can see Paradise Pearl and Paradise Resort wanting 3000 for beachfront bungalows, but surely not the cheaper ones up the back? And particularly in first half of November which is shoulder season. PP had some real nice newish ones last I checked.

Now because November can sometimes be real wet in the southern Gulf, unlike the Andaman, it is usually low season at Samui, and so good deals should abound. I'd be looking at Agoda, Sawadee.com and of course TRAVELFISH'S own booking engine for nice places on Chaweng, Lamai which can be discounted savagely when things are slow.
    OP is a nice less expensive joint on Chaweng.
    Jungle Hut high above Chaweng Noi with amazing views is good value.
    I stayed at Thongtakian Resort at Thong Ta Kien last visit - good value on a nice quieter beach.

#2 Posted: 24/10/2010 - 16:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
KOH LANTA - Long Beach Accommodation High Season ... By adammont on 4 Dec 2013 8 1078 19 Dec 2013