Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

1st night accomodation in Bangkok near airport

• lesleyvr

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2006

Hello,
    I will be arriving late- around midnight- into Bangkok. Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive/moderaly priced decent hotel near the airport? And one that I can book ahead?? We are planning on heading out to Ayutthaya from the airoprt area the next morning so don't want to go far.
    Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/11/2006 - 12:44

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Inexpensive that can be booked puts you down into the Sukhumvit area, which can be a 20-60 minute taxi ride from the airport (depending on traffic).

Remember with the new airport it is no longer enroute to Ayutthaya, so you'll need to head well intoo Bangkok anyway to get a bus/train north to Ayutthaya.

We had a friend in town last week who stayed at the Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn and she was very happy with it.

#2 Posted: 27/11/2006 - 05:52

• lesleyvr

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2006

Thanks for the tips!! I didn't realize that the new airport isn't enroute to Ayutthaya, guess we will change our plans a bit.

#3 Posted: 28/11/2006 - 10:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
accomodation for our 1st night in bangkok ... By jessica0481 on 18 Nov 2006 6 1698 24 Nov 2006
Bangkok airport at night ... By peter on 22 Jan 2006 5 3747 14 Feb 2006