Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

how to get from Surin to Koh Chang

• Tascha

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2010

Hi,
    Can someone tell me what's the best (quickest) way to travel from Surin to Koh Chang? (by bus, train, airplane,...)
    Thanks for the advise!
    Tascha

#1 Posted: 30/10/2010 - 16:23

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Your most direct option would probably be to go from Surin to Sa Kaeo, and then from Sa Kaeo to Chanthaburi, and then to Trat where you can get a bus or songthaew to one of the piers.

Unless more direct buses are going than there were when I did the trip, expect to spend about 8-10 hours, or more, on the road. Just going to Trat from Prachinburi is a 7 hour ride.

#2 Posted: 30/10/2010 - 21:40

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I've done this journey in the opposite direction.I'd suggest the train to Korat.Tuk-tuk to the bus station and then bus to Chantaburi then bus to Trad for Koh Chang.It's going to take you the best part of the day so I suggest the first train out of Surin at 05:10 arrives Korat 08:20 so gives you time to get a tour bus to Chantaburi which I recall is over 5 hours.

#3 Posted: 30/10/2010 - 22:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
transport from surin to trat (koh Chang) ... By miriamschutte on 11 Aug 2006 5 4980 17 Aug 2006