Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket to Bangkok over land

• siddy

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2010

Im landing in Phuket on the 12th of Nov, and so is some terrible weather.

Ive done some research and ive found i will need to get a bus out of phuket for a few hrs and then a train all the way to bangkok.

Can anyone tell me a fool-proof way of doing this?
    What bus should i get?

Or what other options do i have to escape the weather?

#1 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 08:33

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Why not fly to BKK? There are some very cheap flights with Air Asia, NOK Air & 1-2-Go. This would be the most fool proof way.
    Another option is to take the bus the entire way. This is actually faster than taking the bus to the nearest train station.
    As for the weather, at the moment it is fine in Phuket. Today is a sunny day.
    There is some rain but that is normal for this time of year. If you are trying to get to BKK quickly because of the weather there is no need for this. You will find that BKK has bad weather as well.

#2 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 12:03

• siddy

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2010

Thanks for the advice and tips!

I wasnt going to use a plane because i read on weather sites that planes are being delayed.

If Phuket isnt that bad i will definately stay, i just want to know my options. If the 10hr bus is faster than bus/train, i think id rather stay in Phuket - even if it gets worse.

#3 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 12:15

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Bangkok isn't the only alternative of course. I agree with guava girl that flying up to Bangkok is your best choice if you want to go to Bangkok. But what about crossing the peninsula by bus to Surat Thani and then the Gulf Islands or over to Nakhon Si Thammarat? How's the weather looking there?

#4 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 22:10

• siddy

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2010

Thanks exacto.
    I dont arrive for another 9 days, thanks for another option!
    Ive never been to thailand before, i thought of going to bangkok if the weather is really bad because i know i can go to another country from there in the worst case scenario.

#5 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 22:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel from Bangkok to Phuket by land (plus more) ... By emmajanegraham on 26 Sep 2007 5 19297 1 Oct 2007