Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Figuring out November travel regarding weather

• TheNewGuy8

Joined Travelfish
    8th September, 2010

Hello all,

trying to figure out my final plans regarding weather in November.

I'll be in Siem Reap through the 9th - able to fly out on the 10th. I'd like to do 4 days in/around Bangkok and 5 days or so on Khao Lak for getting my PADI certification (or another more highly recommended island).

Flights from BKK to Siem Reap seem expensive - about $230. is that normal? I was thinking I would go from SR to BKK, then BKK to Phuket for Khao Lak. WIll visiting BKK right now be a mistake with all the flooding? I can't seem to get an accurate gauge on how bad it is for tourism.

thanks all!

#1 Posted: 5/11/2010 - 19:29

• Advertisement

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Most of the really bad flooding is in the Southern Provinces closer to Malaysia as well as the islands on the Gulf.
    For the most accurate information perhaps try reading the Bangkok Post online.

Flights from SR to BKK are quite pricey. The other alternative is a shared taxi to the border and then bus it from there to BKK. Most guesthouses in SR can arrange a shared taxi for you.

#2 Posted: 6/11/2010 - 11:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
weather in november on the islands ... By mickdaly10 on 27 Jul 2010 5 7703 28 Jul 2010
another weather in november question ... By snowfish on 18 Oct 2009 4 3502 12 Oct 2010
Weather November - islands ... By Neilk61 on 26 Sep 2011 6 7213 28 Sep 2011
Con Dao island weather in November? ... By NicolasCA on 31 Oct 2007 2 3843 6 Nov 2007
Thailand in November: good weather??,,, ... By breaker15 on 11 Oct 2010 9 32679 27 Oct 2010